Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Assurance Technology Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of persons in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice: “customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Clinic Patient Record – We provide Clinical Assist Software to customers who enter into a Service Agreement (“Customers”), who then authorize Clinical Assist users, including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and non-physician staff members (“Authorized Users”). Customers and Authorized Users are responsible for determining uses and disclosures of patient medical information maintained in the Clinical Assist, in accordance with their legal and professional responsibilities as health care professionals and PDPA guidelines. To the extent that we receive or maintain patient medical information in the course of providing the Clinical Assist, that information is secured, used and disclosed only in accordance with our legal obligations as a service provider.
- We generally collect personal data from our customers, business partners, contractors and other individuals such as job applicants. We would only collect data that have been provided to us voluntarily by you or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”).
- These personal data would be furnished to us in forms filled out by you, face to face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations or through our website(s). We may also keep a record of any contact you have with us. These data would be collected only for business purposes or for the purpose stated by us when we gather the information from you.
- The personal data collected may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
- to provide services as part of our business operations
- for job application and recruitment purposes
- for billing and reporting, such as for invoicing and account management purposes
- for follow-up action regarding any complaints, feedback, queries or requests received via our website or any other communication channels
- assisting in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information
- any other incidental business purposes
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Upon request and within a reasonable timeframe, we will provide the individual with access to their personal data in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA. Upon receiving your request in writing, we will correct an error or omission in the individual’s personal data that is in our possession or control in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
- Attention to Data Protection Officer
- Email to DPO@eclinic.com.sg or contact +65 65632435.
- Content of your queries, feedback or request
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.