This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Assurance Technology Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of persons in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice: “customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Clinic Patient Record – We provide Clinical Assist Software to customers who enter into a Service Agreement (“Customers”), who then authorize Clinical Assist users, including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and non-physician staff members (“Authorized Users”). Customers and Authorized Users are responsible for determining uses and disclosures of patient medical information maintained in the Clinical Assist, in accordance with their legal and professional responsibilities as health care professionals and PDPA guidelines. To the extent that we receive or maintain patient medical information in the course of providing the Clinical Assist, that information is secured, used and disclosed only in accordance with our legal obligations as a service provider.
- We generally collect personal data from our customers and other individuals such as job applicants. We would only collect data that have been provided to us voluntarily by you.
The personal data collected may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- administrative requirements, such as payroll, and managing your relationship with us;
- to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by regulatory authority;
- These personal data would be furnished to us in forms filled out by you, email messages or telephone conversations. These data would be collected only for the purpose stated by us when we gather the information from you.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- Request for withdrawal of personal data from clinics shall be put to and handled by the clinic directly with their clients.
- Request for withdrawal of personal data collected during events, such as photographs, will be assessed on the nature and scope of your request. We reserve the rights to reject requests on valid grounds.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data collected are for employment application and engagement. Staff personal data can be corrected through company HR system by HR administrator upon validation.
- Request for access and correction of personal data stored in clinic system shall be put to and handled by the clinic directly with their clients.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will validate the personal data provided by you with the relevant documents during our engagement with you.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain employee personal data for up to five years as part of our accounting practices.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We do not transfer personal data to countries outside of Singapore.
- Clinics transferring personal data outside of Singapore by themselves will need to ensure such activities are in compliance with their clinic data protection policy.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
- Attention to Data Protection Officer
- Email to DPO@eclinic.com.sg or contact +65 65632435.
- Content of your queries, feedback or request
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.